Friday 3 August 2012

CHALK HAIR!

Has anyone heard of Chalk hair? I've been hearing about this for a week now and so it's about time I blogged about it. It's definitely the next best thing to dying your hair. Much safer too!
 <3 <3


Basically all you do is get a piece of your favourite colour chalk, take a strand of your hair and twist it. The texture from twisting makes the chalk release it's pigment.  Then just brush the hair stand with the chalk. Carefully brush your hair out after chalking each strand to get rid of excess powder.

From doing research (and from my own experiences), if you have darker hair, you may have to wet your hair first in order to get the colour to come out more.

Beautydepartment.com advises that if you have blonde hair or blonde tips to not wet your hair before chalking. They said that, "It will stain if you do because adding water to pure pigment creates a real dye. If you’re okay with the staining for several washes then go for it! If you’re looking to do color for the day, do not add water at any time." 

So here is my first attempt at chalking! I didn't wet my hair because of the blonde but I may try it when I have more time!




I have been obsessed with pink hair for a while now so finally getting to sport the pink hair has really made my day!

Conclusion: I LOVE CHALK! <3

XOX

2 comments:

  1. Mel I love it. I've been wanting to do this for a while now.
    Have you ever considered going as pink as blogger Xiaxue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I have definitely considered it! However, I change my mind as much as I change my clothes so I would probably get sick of it fast! haha I might just go to Claire's and get some pink extensions...haha

    ReplyDelete