Sunday 28 October 2012

Halloween Revenue

HEY GUYS!!! 

Ok so if you didn't already know, Halloween is my second favourite time of the year so of course I am just over the moon with excitement right now. 


I have been creating different Halloween looks on this blog and on video ( to check out my youtube videos go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMelissaDiaries) and I still haven't decided what I'm going to be yet. 


Originally, I wanted to be a Mermaid and I bought a really expensive costume and of course I took it home and the fabric had ripped apart before I even tried it on. After returning it, I realized that I'm a creative gal and that I should of just experimented with clothing I already had. So that's what I did, and I've come up with a lot of different looks and so now it's time to decided...sigh. 


It's definitely interesting how many non-traditional retailers who are seeing a lot of their sales at Halloween time now because of people wanting to create their own look. It's also interesting how my mom would totally buy a wig at Value Village for 20 bucks when it's the same price at Party Packagers, and she can still feel like she got a deal because it's Value Village haha. 


But really, I alone spent 50 bucks this month at Bath and Body works just buying Halloween soap and Pumpkin Carving candles (Which are AMAZING by the way so I recommend to click here and buy one: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13270533 I'm telling you that it will make you complete). 
Also, I use to work at Claire's and they would make a ton of their revenue from their Holiday accessories! I have so many spider headbands and clips that I have been wearing over these last couple of weeks that I of course picked up from Claires haha. 

There's definitely a huge market in making Holiday-themed products. I think that a holiday like Halloween deserves to be recognized in the catalogue of every retailer in the world. The frenzy that sweeps people, the kids after candy, the grownups trying to impress and entertain one another, is a perfect thing for any store to exploit. The ways to accessorize halloween are endless (at the very least just take an every day item and make it spooky!) and capitalizing on the public's appetite for "pimpin" their holiday is a smart business decision, no matter what you're selling. 

Anyways that's my retail thoughts of the week! Hope every one has a safe and spooky Halloween! 
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment