Sunday 20 December 2015

My Christmas Getaway!

Bonjour!!!

Guess who's back, back, back, back again, again, again, Melissa's back, back, back, tell a friend, friend, friend.
You may or may not have noticed that I have been away for two weeks... but I have a very good explanation...I was travelling to the CITY OF LIGHTS! ...and this week I was very sick all week. But that's a different story.



It has always been one of my dreams, to go to NYC at christmas time... and finally that dream came true.

I walked across Brooklyn Bridge and pretended to be Kate in 'Kate & Leopold'. I shared a frozen hot-chocolate at Serendipity, and felt like Sara (from the movie "Serendipity") putting her trust in fate. I gazed upon the giant Rockefeller tree and wished to feel a love as beautiful as the one between Kevin and his mom in Home Alone 2...but I was immediately interrupted by a screaming lady pointing to a man with his penis hanging out. WELCOME TO AMERICA.

This is Alex trying to do the kissy face with me in front of the Rockefella tree. hahaha XD

Gosh, Nyc is always an adventure. I must say though, I didn't have a very good food experience. By that I mean, all but one of the places I ate at, sucked. I feel like every time I go to the US I have a very hard time finding good restaurants. I wonder if that is because of the difference in food laws or if Americans have an ingredient or chemical in their food that just doesn't sit well with me. I always get horrible headaches from their food, as well as stomach pains (more then usual) and nausea. It's very strange and one could argue that it may be my choices in food...but this time I was extremely healthy and I still experienced that same symptoms as I did on previous trips.

I did, however, have one amazing meal in China town that I will never, ever, forget. I will attach a picture below to show you what it looks like.




I had the most amazing stemmed dumplings which are actually called Pozi, and the most delicious beef lo-mein noodles. I was in heaven during that entire meal.

The frozen hot-chocolate at Serendipity was simply divine, but I didn't care too much for my meal. If you are a fan of the movie though, you definitely need to grab a date and go there... the experience is magical.

Time Square was beautiful of course, but my favourite place of all is Central Park. There is something about the outdoors that brings me peace; and Central Park always seems to awaken me. It has a way of helping me stay grounded and remember what I am grateful for.


I had a beautiful hour to myself where I just wandered the park and freed my soul. I'm so thankful for that time.

Less than 30 mins after this, I ended up getting a free ticket to watch Jimmy Fallon rehearse for his show later that night. As you can probably tell, this was the best day on my trip.

Prior to going to New York, I actually bought myself a Polaroid camera so I could take some creative shots on the trip.  I have fallen in love with the polaroid pictures and so, I thought I would share them with you. Enjoy! :D :D :D




I had such a fabulous getaway and I would highly recommend going to NYC at Christmas time; it definitely put me in the Christmas spirit. hehe. 

xo Melissa 



No comments:

Post a Comment