Sunday 12 August 2012

Trying to master the Kim Kardash Pony!!


So my whole life I have been admiring people who can pull off sleek ponytails and still look good. I have really fine hair and for most of my life it was only shoulder length too so you can only imagine how bad I looked with ponytails. I remember I went through a phase where I would wet my hair to make it look more sleek and it always just made it look greasy haha. I have a hard time not cringing when I see people doing that now. 
To cut a long story short, my hair is much thicker now and it is really long so the pretty long pony now finally works for me!! Yeppeee!! Here are some pics of two different kinds of sleek ponys! 

The first one is the sleek straight pony. I was cleansing my pores while I was practising this haha Just love me. 
To do this style all you have to do is use a comb to brush your hair straight back into a pony. Then take a straightener and straighten your pony. Finally take a strand of hair from the bottom of your pony and wrap your hair around the ponytail till the elastic is fully covered. Then carefully pin the end of the strand with a bobby-pin underneath your ponytail.  If you have any fly aways just spray your hair with some hairspray to complete this look. 

This is the second look, which, I call the messy pony. All you have to do to get this look is straighten your hair first and then put your hair into a ponytail. Pull on your scalp hair to give your pony a more "full" look. Then tug on pieces of your hair in the pony to tighten it and make it a bit messy. This look is now complete!!! 

xoxox




No comments:

Post a Comment