Monday 15 October 2012

My Clueless Inspired Closet Folder


Hey Everyone! 
For a while now I have been working on what I call my, "Clueless Inspired Folder". 
Has everyone seen the movie Clueless? 
Well at the beginning of the movie, Cher picks out her outfit of the day, using this computer program that allows her to take pieces from her wardrobe. This program allows her to mix and match and tells her what outfits work. After she finds an outfit that matches, she clicks "Dress Me" and the outfit is put on a picture of her. 



Imagine if this program existed? 
How cool would even our old clothes look? Plus it would totally make picking out an outfit in the morning so much easier!!

This summer I decided that I would create my own Cher inspired folder. Now I'm no computer wiz, but I do know how to take pictures lol so I created a folder on my desktop entitled My Outfit Organizer. 
Every day that I could think up a cool outfit idea, I would take a picture and put the picture in my Outfit Organizer. 
Here is an example of a couple of the outfits I put together: 













Now this idea is great for those of you whom have to really rush in the mornings! I get extremely frazzled when I have to rush and so having this Outfit Organizer, allows me to breathe and just put on something that I've already put together! 
Once you have this folder and can see all the different pieces you have, I am so certain that your creative juices will start running and you will have no trouble thinking of other outfits for the future. 

Don't forget, you don't always have to buy something new in order to have a new looking outfit. When my wardrobe starts to look dull, I experiment with my accessories!!!. Even a simple hat-headband could create an entirely different look! 
Oh and don't be ashamed of thrift stores like Value Village or Goodwill. I once found a Lacoste sweater at Value Village!! So keep your eyes and mind open! 

Happy creating!!! 

xo






No comments:

Post a Comment