Sunday 25 November 2012

BLACK FRIDAY!

Hey everyone! As you probably already know, this weekend was the weekend of "Black Friday" sales! A couple of years ago I travelled to the US during this weekend, and I remember it being insane!! I must of spent $300 dollars on clothing and shoes. They were all good deals but I really didn't need any of it. I think it's the trill of Black Friday that gets people going. The excitement of a crazy crowd and the chance of landing a great deal. 

This year I really saw a lot more Canadian retailers participating in the Black Friday deals. Chapters, for example, sold their newest Kobo Mini for $30 dollars cheaper on friday!!! Which is insane considering how cool the Kobo's are. I obviously picked one up for some lucky friend of mine :D 

Black Friday is said to be one of the number one sales driving days in the US. I think if more Canadian retailers participated and offered the huge savings as the states seem to offer, then Black Friday could become a huge hit here. 

Although I do believe in being original so I say that Canada should not follow the states for Black Friday and we should invent our own day...how about Pink Wednesday! haha :) (Totally stole that from Mean Girls, I'm clearly not original at all lol)  

On a side note, has anyone else sat down and wondered who came up with the name Black Friday? haha I mean, out of everything in the world, why Black Friday? I always think about stuff like that haha. Why Ugg boots? I bet I'm not the only one who's thought about that lol. 

ANYWAYS haha even though I didn't do a lot of Black Friday shopping, I have been having so much fun watching other peoples shopping hauls on youtube. If you have a chance, you guys should check out Bethany's Haul for Black friday. She is one of the many youtube fashion guru's that I love and she is just so adorable! Here is a link to her video if you want to check it out! 



ALSO! Before I forget! Black Friday has also become a very hot online trend recently and there are still some massive sales on stores such as Americaneagle.com and Shopglitzyglam.com. They are on till tomorrow so check them out if you feel as though you have missed out on the major sales! 

Don't forget to visit my twitter: @MelissaMelottey and Pin It page: https://pinterest.com/missmelottey/ for future beauty, fashion and style tips! 


xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment