Sunday 23 September 2012

Microsoft Pop-Up Stores

So recently, Microsoft announced that they will be opening "Pop-Up" stores in various places during the holidays. 

If you don't know what a Pop-Up store is then I shall let you know that it is basically a miniature version of a big store that can quite literally pop up anywhere. Pop-up stores are also usually unique looking to catch the consumers attention. Heres a few samples of other previous Pop-Ups:



                                     

I love the idea of Pop-up stores. I think they are a great way to generate excitement for stores, and we all know that Microsoft definitely needs to draw some excitement to them now that Apple is taking over the world. Pop-ups are a great way for stores to get creative and promote their products in a new light. 
I definitely think more stores should start doing Pop-Ups. 
If it became a popular trend people could even start businesses that helped create original pop-up stores. Instead of a wedding planner you could have a pop-up planner (haha). 
This would also generate more jobs...I should really look in to this. I may even start a business myself haha. I'm pretty creative I think haha. Have you seen my hairstyles I come up with? (Click on Face of the Day for hairstyles.) 

Ok ok it's not the same thing, but still, it's a really good idea and someone really creative should definitely consider putting their brain to good use. If they could come up with some really original ideas, I'm sure some hot shot at TD bank would pay big bucks to use them. 


I just found this picture of a Microsoft store. (Below) Doesn't it look an awful lot like the Apple store? 
 Here is a picture of an apple store associate. Notice the similar style and name tags? Microsoft is definitely making a good decision with trying Pop-ups. This may help differentiate them a bit.



xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment